Re: KPA 1500 ATU Issue

David Box

Jeff, you can use the dummy load create a mis-match by inserting an air wound induction in series with the DL. Just measure with ant analyzer so you get about 2.5 - 3:1 mismatch at desired freq, now using this test load run the power sweep. Using the KPA1500 as test equipment means taking extra care but several ways using DL and series/parallel components you can create a reliable test mis-match.
de Dave K5MWR

On July 5, 2020 11:13:44 AM CDT, Jeff Clarke <ku8e@...> wrote:
I'm not sure what using a dummy load as the load would really prove? We already know that when the SWR is fairly good (i.e below a 2:1 SWR) there aren't any issues and the ATU works just fine. The dummy load I use is always has a 1:1 SWR when I kick it in. I also believe from reading the KPA1500 manual that if the SWR is good the amp automatically bypasses the ATU. Both the ATU IN and ATU BYP LED's light up.

Jeff KU8E