Re: K3 sudden frequency jump

Colin Smithers

If there is digitally implemented compensation, it could have decided that the temperature had just crossed a boundary. Perhaps it remains a long shot.

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io [mailto:Elecraft-K3@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob Benedict, KD8CGH via groups.io
Sent: 21 June 2020 20:48
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] K3 sudden frequency jump

Thanks for thinking about it.

I'm running a K3 with a K3IOB board and no external reference, so its the stock synth and the sound card in the K3IOB.

temperature shift - the rig is indoors and after 36 hours the shift was over 9 seconds and then remained stable for another 12 hours (so far).

I've had the K3 for many years and I don't believe I've ever seen this in operating, or in calibrating after a long warm up or in the 48 test run last weekend.