Re: Cady K3s/P3 hard copy book

Christopher Scibelli

I wasn't offended but you quoted me so I replied.  What is disinformation?  The $60 price tag looks to be accurate.

Chris  NU1O

-----Original Message-----
To: Elecraft-K3 <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, May 28, 2020 1:08 pm
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Cady K3s/P3 hard copy book

I wasn't dinging you specifically, Chris.  My apologies if you took it that way.  I simply saw your post/response and decided to step in and correct that bit of disinformation being passed around.

Have a nice day!  (And BTW, I find the Elecraft documentation to be well-suited for its purpose as well. I was a "new" operator and 1st time Elecraft Customer "back then", so I chose to educated myself from multiple approaches.  That said, there IS information in the Cady Books that is not in the Elecraft manuals, or not covered in detail sufficiently.  As I said, to this day, I still find new to me/useful information in Fred's pubs every time I read them.)

On 05/28/20 10:35, Christopher Scibelli via groups.io wrote:
Since you quoted me I'll respond.  I got the $60 from somebody who participated in this topic.  I assumed he knew what the price of the book was/is since he seemed to be an owner..  I've never bought a K3 manual.  I found the manual provided by Elecraft to be sufficient and the K3 wasn't my first radio so I found much to be intuitive. 

If $25 is the actual cost I still wouldn't buy it but not for cost reasons.  I simply didn't need a supplement to the user manual. A good book can be priceless.  My copy of the "Intelligent Investor" would be one of those books.

Chris  NU1O
Sent: Thu, May 28, 2020 10:57 am

I don't know where y'all are getting this $60.00 figure from.  I have never paid that much for ANY Cady publication.

I have purchased multiple versions of the K3s/P3 publication, et al.  After he passed, I went and found the latest/last versions of all applicable publications and purchased them...

The latest version of the K3s/P3 eBook is available right now for $25.00.

Printing and binding costs money.  If you want someone to print and bind the book for you, then pay for it.
Alternatively, download the eBook and print it yourself using Acrobat DC....  Use good paper and you can print it 2-sided with borders sufficient for 3-hole punching on the left of each page, reducing your paper needs by half.
A loose leaf version in a binder with all the Elecraft docs is more useful/easier to use anyway.  OR you can learn to bind it yourself...

Otherwise, how about you squeak when you walk cheapsters quit whining.

I STILL find useful information in Fred's books EVERY time I re-read them.  NO ONE is forcing you to buy the Cady book.

Sincerely,

On 05/28/20 04:01, Christopher Scibelli via groups.io wrote:
$60 for a book on how to operate a K3?  That is a very expensive user guide, and I think you are right:  A K3 owner should be able to learn all it's features from the operating manual and about a month of on-air time.

Chris  NU1O

Sent: Thu, May 28, 2020 2:56 am

This might be heresy, but I didn't find anything in the book worth paying for.  Just about any of us should have the rigs mastered in the first month and should be able to write the book.  I feel very let down for the low low price of $60 shipped, give or take.

-Bob

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 9:51 PM Earl <n5zm@...> wrote:
I am in the market for the Cady K3s/P3 hard copy book if anyone has one excess
to their needs.

I have a Cady K3 hard copy book that is excess to my needs.

Earl N5ZM..

PS. Sure do miss Fred

Join Elecraft-K3@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.