From: Clay Autery <KY5G@...>
To: Elecraft-K3 <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, May 28, 2020 1:08 pm
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Cady K3s/P3 hard copy book

I wasn't dinging you specifically, Chris.  My apologies if you took it that way.  I simply saw your post/response and decided to step in and correct that bit of disinformation being passed around.

Have a nice day!  (And BTW, I find the Elecraft documentation to be well-suited for its purpose as well. I was a "new" operator and 1st time Elecraft Customer "back then", so I chose to educated myself from multiple approaches.  That said, there IS information in the Cady Books that is not in the Elecraft manuals, or not covered in detail sufficiently.  As I said, to this day, I still find new to me/useful information in Fred's pubs every time I read them.)

Clay Autery, KY5G
(318) 518-1389
On 05/28/20 10:35, Christopher Scibelli via groups.io wrote:
Since you quoted me I'll respond.  I got the $60 from somebody who participated in this topic.  I assumed he knew what the price of the book was/is since he seemed to be an owner..  I've never bought a K3 manual.  I found the manual provided by Elecraft to be sufficient and the K3 wasn't my first radio so I found much to be intuitive.

If $25 is the actual cost I still wouldn't buy it but not for cost reasons.  I simply didn't need a supplement to the user manual. A good book can be priceless.  My copy of the "Intelligent Investor" would be one of those books.

73,

Chris  NU1O