Re: Alternative transverter IF

Colin Smithers

Thanks Alan. That was all I could find too, hence this post.

73, Colin G4CWH

On 25 May 2020, at 00:14, Alan Baker via groups.io <g4gnx@...> wrote:

I checked the K3 and Cady books and there doesn't appear to be any way of doing what you want. You can set the band, but not a particular offset in the band. Unfortunately the offset provided is only correctional and won't shift far enough for your purpose.

73,

Alan. G4GNX

------ Original Message ------
From: "Colin Smithers" <colin@...>
Sent: 23/05/2020 23:15:47
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] Alternative transverter IF

Hi all,

I'm New here.

Does anyone know how to set a transverter IF to 28.5MHz, or any other frequency that is not 28,0, 50,0 etc? The incremental oscillator shift only goes so far i think.

Reason is I built a 70 MHz transverter from 28.5 as using 28.0 results in a a difficult spurious product.

If not I can always continue to subtract .5 in my head as i have done for the last 35+ years :-)

(Also sent to the elecraft group)

Thanks and 73, Colin G4CWH