I built the transverter. If you run the LO at 42 MHz then 28.0 is the IF, but there is a bad spurious, its in the math. Which is why I then modified it to 42.5 all those years ago.

I do think the answer lies in altering the K3 internal math, or putting up with having to subtract 500 kHz.

73, Colin

On 24 May 2020, at 03:56, Ray Maxfield via groups.io <wa6vab@...> wrote:

Colin…..

You need to change the Transverter Oscillator Frequency.

Most likely a Crystal, or if a Newer DDS Oscillator, the Frequency it is running at.

Try to find the Make and model on the internet to get the Data / Information

About your Transverter……..    Ray    WA6VAB

From: Colin Smithers
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 3:36 PM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] Alternative transverter IF

Hi all,

I'm New here.

Does anyone know how to set a transverter IF to 28.5MHz, or any other frequency that is not 28,0, 50,0 etc? The incremental oscillator shift only goes so far i think.

Reason is I built a 70 MHz transverter from 28.5 as using 28.0 results in a a difficult spurious product.

If not I can always continue to subtract .5 in my head as i have done for the last 35+ years :-)

(Also sent to the elecraft group)

Thanks and 73, Colin G4CWH