K3-S RF output pulses while TX in FT8

McClain Richard

When I transmit FT8, I can see the P3 (with TX monitor) display shows RF output is modulated or "Pulses". Pattern reminds me of watching AM modulation of a sine wave viewed on oscilloscope.

It does not occur all the time but does occur on any band using either antenna or dummy load. I have done FT8 extensively for 2-3 years, but this issue started a couple of weeks ago. I have carefully checked Owner's manual as well as book by Fred Cady, KE7X. Can't find root cause. Any clues are appreciated. I can document more thoroughly, but want to post a brief comment in case there is an obvious solution to someone else. Thank you.
Dick, KD4S

Equipment: K3-S S/N 10905 (built in 2018), P3 with TX monitor, WSJT-X version 2.1.2