Re: Factory service still available?

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

On more than one occasion, and not limited to all bands, but perhaps only one or two bands, I have found RF is getting into the computer via the USB cable between the radio and computer.  Using one of the snap-on ferrite cores used for RG-8 where I can get 2 or 3 turns of the cable through the snap-on core resolved the issue.  The core is best located at the computer end of the cable.

Also, one might do well to nvestigate instances of Common Mode Current on feed lines coming into the operating position.