Re: K3 KIO3B Line In problem - no audio into K3

Joe Subich, W4TV

Yes, there is a setting for the K3 to recognize the KIO3B in the menu
and it is set to normal - KIO3B recognized.
I was questioning whether the K3 was seeing the KIO3B and not selecting
the Line IN but that's probably not the case.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-05-02 12:36 PM, Edward Seeliger KD5M wrote:
Good morning Joe.
Yes, there is a setting for the K3 to recognize the KIO3B in the menu and it is set to normal - KIO3B recognized.
Yes, if I plug the LINE IN plug from the microHam device into the LINE IN jack, the USB audio In is removed/disabled as it should be.
Thanks for your suggestions.
VE3KI also suggested that if the LINE IN gain is set too high, the K3 will not accept LINE IN - with the LINE IN gain (MIC control) set at 7-12, no ALC indication or RF out.
Still no LINE IN from the analog jack and no ALC indication or RF out from the K3.
Any other suggestions??
Edd - KD5M