Re: EARLY ANDERSON POWER POLES & added USB

Richard Smith <ku4nz01@...>

The patent for the power pole has expired and anyone is allowed to make copies.  AKA generic drugs.   RAS

On Apr 30, 2020, at 6:55 AM, KE1F Lou <lmecseri@...> wrote:

What is the penalty for manufacturing and selling counterfeit product? Penalty must be minimal and therefore very PROFITABLE.

73
Lou KE1F

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A

-------- Original message --------
From: "robert hammond via groups.io" <bobatbay@...>
Date: 4/30/20 4:06 AM (GMT-05:00)
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] EARLY ANDERSON POWER POLES & added USB

It’s time to be honest and state facts publically. If we use cheap counterfeit accessory products from China on our Elecraft radios, lets not blame the U.S.A. radio manufacturer when we have a problem.
The worldwide problem is being able to spot these counterfeit products. Online sellers make it very difficult to identify where their goods are manufactured. In the UK I see sellers display our flag on their sites proudly stating “UK seller” but you order from them and get an extended delivery date with a tracking reference that takes you to a site with Chinese language symbols and a note in English stating “shipped from international “ airport !
This is the problem we all face in buying genuine components nowadays

73
Stay Safe
Bob Hammond G4DBW