From: redarlington <rdarlington@...>
To: Elecraft-K3 <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Apr 29, 2020 11:11 am
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] EARLY ANDERSON POWER POLES

I'll see if I can dig up the side by side comparison photos I took.  The ones I got on Amazon were fake.  Even the A in a circle logo was upside down.    I'll dig through Google photos when I'm awake.

-Bob

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020, 7:14 AM Bob G3REP via groups.io <rparkes197=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Someone mentioned earlier there are fake APP's around.
The fake insert has a large A imprinted on the tongue.
The fake one is 0.5mm thick where as the proper one is 0.6mm thick.
The proper one has a longer V indentation on the tongue which makes it stiffer and hence more reliable.
I will post a picture of the two in the photos folder.
There are also subtle differences in the plastic holder.
--
73s
Bob