And my QRZ page has a picture of the big 15 foot long 2 meter antenna up.

I really didn't want a whole separate radio, although I do have a 2 meter all mode rig for dedicated use on the 10GHz dish.

-Bob

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 5:32 PM Christopher Scibelli via groups.io <nu1oscar=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
About 3 or 4 years ago I asked an Elecraft employee about adding their internal 2 meter addition to my K3 and he talked me out of it.  He said I'd be better off with a 2 meter mobile rig or even a cheap 2 meter HT.  That was enough to dissuade me as companies don't often knock their own products.  I bought a Yaesu FT-991 on closeout for under a grand that covers HF, 2 meters and 70 CM.  Now I have a backup rig to my K3 and VHF/UHF bands for almost solely repeater use.  I'm glad the employee gave me honest advice.

73,

Chris  NU1O

-----Original Message-----
From: redarlington <rdarlington@...>
To: Elecraft-K3 <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Apr 10, 2020 6:40 pm
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Tranverter

I have and use the internal 2 meter transverter in the K3S, but didn't know they made any others.  I use it occasionally for 2 meter FM, more for SSB, and also to drive external transverters for 23cm and 3cm.

-Bob N3XKB

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 4:18 PM Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:
Has anyone used any for the k3 internal transverters ? especially the 220MHZ

Mel
NE9A