Re: K3S Lost Sensitivity On 40 Meters SOLVED

ab2tc

Hi Dave,

If the RX antenna port is selected you should see a small "RX" text icon on the screen, but it isn't very obvious. This is a most common error, so don't feel bad about it!

On the subject of the RX port usefulness, I don't have a separate RX antenna either. But I have an Elecraft XG3 signal generator permanently connected to that port. It's very useful to check that the receiver is working OK and the S-meter properly calibrated. With the XG3 turned off it's a pretty decent 50 ohm termination so is good for checking the receiver noise floor. Having an XG3 (or better, like an HP signal generator) in the shack is a must have for me. The RX (BNC) port never has any significant signal during TX so should pose no risk to attached instruments.

73, and yes, stay healthy.

AB2TC - Knut

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 08:57 PM, David Edger wrote:
Marc:

RX ANT button it was!  Nothing was showing on the screen on 40 but repeated button pushing resulted in a sudden improvement.  I think the RX button must have been stuck on by accident (I don't have a separate RX antenna.)

Thank you for the tip.  I am feeling a bit sheepish about how easy it was to fix.

Thanks everybody for your help.
73 and stay healthy.

Dave N3CI