From: Robert W5AJ <woodr90@...>
To: Elecraft-K3 <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Apr 8, 2020 11:54 am
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] Txco

With K3
Old or new style synthesizer

I have frequency measurements better than 1hz in FMTs

No txco used.....

73 W5AJ

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020, 9:55 AM robert hammond via groups.io <bobatbay=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
A few years ago I bought 2  cheap TCXO's for an FT857, from 2 allegedly different ebay suppliers  in China  Both looked identical on arrival. One worked fine, one was junk - drifted continually. So maybe you should have bought 2 ?

Nowadays, I wouldn't even consider something I knew was made in China when an OEM product is available. Worth paying the extra $  IMO.

stay safe

73

Bob G4DBW