From: Michael Foerster <mcfroston@...>
To: Elecraft-K3 <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Apr 8, 2020 7:39 am
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Alternative for K3 TCXO?

I just thought that for $20 (custom made in China, ~2 month delivery) it might be a worthwhile experiment to increase the reference oscillator stability (advertised as 0.1ppm).  My guess is, for this high of a frequency that the vendor’s circuit doesn’t doesn’t have a lot of gain.   Perhaps there are other reasons it didn’t work.

The other thing I didn’t know about was if the K3’s Frequency Calibration would work.

   I didn’t test the amplitude of the stock oscillator (long story).

As for making an amplifier stage, I didn’t want to get into it...

Mike, W0IH