Re: Txco

Wes Stewart

Sure, if you are doing microwave weak signal work where you multiply up to 100X.

Wes  N7WS

On Thursday, April 9, 2020, 8:55:26 AM MST, Christopher Scibelli via groups.io <nu1oscar@...> wrote:

That is really great but is there a genuine need to be that accurate, or is it mainly for bragging rights?

73,

Chris  NU1O

-----Original Message-----
From: Wes <wes@...>
To: Elecraft-K3 <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Apr 8, 2020 7:58 pm
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Txco

I don't see you listed in any recent FMT results, so I wonder about your technique(s).  Mine, which don't include a K3, made it into the top tier in the last FMT.  I was 0.03 Hz high on 80 and 0.01 Hz low on 40.

Wes  N7WS

On 4/8/2020 8:25 AM, Robert W5AJ wrote:
With K3
Old or new style synthesizer

I have frequency measurements better than 1hz in FMTs

No txco used.....

73 W5AJ

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020, 9:55 AM robert hammond via groups.io <bobatbay=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
A few years ago I bought 2  cheap TCXO's for an FT857, from 2 allegedly different ebay suppliers  in China  Both looked identical on arrival. One worked fine, one was junk - drifted continually. So maybe you should have bought 2 ?

Nowadays, I wouldn't even consider something I knew was made in China when an OEM product is available. Worth paying the extra $  IMO.

stay safe

73

Bob G4DBW