Re: Alternative for K3 TCXO?

David Cutter

Not something I normally get involved with, so, please satisfy my ignorance: what are the main parameters we are looking for, is it just temperature stability, drift, low noise, all of the above? What temperature range ?

David G3UNA

On 07 April 2020 at 22:32 "Mel Farrer, K6KBE" <farrermesa@...> wrote:

Mike, why didn't you just add a FET stage untuned to get the level up, 6 parts dead bug.

Mel, K6KBE

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 2:28 PM Christopher Scibelli via groups.io <nu1oscar= aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Where is it made?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Foerster < mcfroston@...>
To: Elecraft-K3 < Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Apr 7, 2020 2:18 pm
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Alternative for K3 TCXO?

I tried one of the customized TXCOs on eBay, seemed like a reasonable chance at $20.  Didn't work.

Frequency on my scope (200mhz scope) appeared correct, but the oscillator output was too low (9 mv p-p).

I tried to contact the vendor, but there was no response from them after a couple weeks.
   I was able to get my money back though...

I'm currently experimenting (again) with a home-brew oven...

Mike, W0IH