Re: KPA500 No Power Output

Christopher Scibelli

I don't know how people can repair their Elecraft equipment w/o a schematic.  I have products from a great number of companies such as Palstar and Alpha.  My Palstar 5K dummy load and AT-5K transmatch came with a schematic and my Alpha 8410 had a schematic on RF Concepts' website. All my Heathkit gear came with schematics and deatiled photos.

If the schematics are supposedly on the FCC website then they are in the public domain.  Anybody intent on stealing their "secrets" can do so simply by buying a Elecraft product and copying it.

So, why not just make things easier for existing customers?

Chris  NU1O

-----Original Message-----
To: Elecraft K3 List <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Apr 6, 2020 8:05 am
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] KPA500 No Power Output

Chris -

I don't want to pick a fight with you, and I am not posting this to the list which could result in a lot of OT comments, but I wonder... if you have been a loyal Elecraft customer for over a decade, without schematics being posted online, is THAT a reason to not get a K4?

My guess is that the decision to not post the schematic may be a small line of defense against their designs being stolen, although I realize that won't stop someone who is really intent on doing so.

And, who knows, if enough people take your position, they may begin posting schematics.

Very 73 de Dave - K9FN

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 7:54 AM Christopher Scibelli via groups.io <nu1oscar=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Why can't Elecraft put the schematics of all their products on their website which is where they belong in the 1st place?

That decision will be a big factor as to whether I upgrade my K3 to a K4 and remain a loyal Elecraft customer as I've been for over a decade.

Step up and do the right thing, Eric and Wayne!!!

Chris  NU1O

-----Original Message-----
To: Elecraft-K3 <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Apr 6, 2020 7:31 am

Hi Lyn,

I've found the FCC site:

While internal photos are available, schematics are not. They are listed, but cannot be accessed.

Do you know of another site?

Scott K9MA

On 4/5/2020 17:13, Lyn Norstad wrote:

Jan –

They are not.  But like all such products, you can find full schematics (minus recent alterations) on the FCC website.

If you can’t find them, get back to me and I will send them to you.

Lyn,

W0LEN

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io [mailto:Elecraft-K3@groups.io] On Behalf Of Geert Jan de Groot
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2020 4:22 PM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io

Repairing the KPA500 is easier with schematics. The Elecraft website doesn't carry schematics for the '500 (or the '1500, for that matter); are schematics included in the documentation that comes with the PA?

73, Geert Jan

-- 
Scott  K9MA

k9ma@...

Join Elecraft-K3@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.