My guess is that the decision to not post the schematic may be a small line of defense against their designs being stolen, although I realize that won't stop someone who is really intent on doing so.

And, who knows, if enough people take your position, they may begin posting schematics.

Very 73 de Dave - K9FN

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 7:54 AM Christopher Scibelli via groups.io <nu1oscar=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Why can't Elecraft put the schematics of all their products on their website which is where they belong in the 1st place?

That decision will be a big factor as to whether I upgrade my K3 to a K4 and remain a loyal Elecraft customer as I've been for over a decade.

Step up and do the right thing, Eric and Wayne!!!

73,

Chris  NU1O

-----Original Message-----
From: K9MA <K9ma@...>
To: Elecraft-K3 <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Apr 6, 2020 7:31 am
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] KPA500 No Power Output

Hi Lyn,

I've found the FCC site:

While internal photos are available, schematics are not. They are listed, but cannot be accessed.

Do you know of another site?

73,
Scott K9MA

On 4/5/2020 17:13, Lyn Norstad wrote:

Jan –

They are not.  But like all such products, you can find full schematics (minus recent alterations) on the FCC website.

If you can’t find them, get back to me and I will send them to you.

73

Lyn,

W0LEN