Re: Interesting P3 Observation

Steve

You are so correct.  I have attended several talks given by Bob Heil regarding the useful audio spectrum that we should use in our transmitters.  He admits that any energy below 400 Hz is just energy lost.   I have set my K3s  to attenuate the first three segments of the TX EQ as much a possible.
I talk to many folks on SSB that show the majority of their TX energy between 0 and 1000 Hz and they sound like they are in a barrel and are difficult to understand unless the conditions are exceptional.  They say they want broadcast quality audio.  Clearly they have not idea what they sound like at the receiving end and resist any suggestions.