Re: K4 Latency Time

Rob Sherwood

That would normally be an adjustment to deal with an amp’s T/R switching time to prevent hot keying.  I set my TX delay to 15ms for my Acom and Alpha QSK amps.  The Alpha 89 has PIN diode T/R switching, and Alpha doesn’t recommend faster than 10ms.  I don’t know what Elecraft recommends for the KPA500 or KPA1500, as they are also solid-state T/R switching.  Other than the Alpha 87A, (and old 86), who has solid-state switching these days?   Rob, NC0B

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io [mailto:Elecraft-K3@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Box
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2020 2:56 PM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io; N6KR
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] K4 Latency Time

The additional measurements I would be interested in are CS transmit, time from key closure to side tone and rf out.
de Dave K5MWR

On February 4, 2020 2:14:31 PM CST, N6KR <n6kr@...> wrote:

Rob,

What are you using as the stimulus for these tests? We'd like to reproduce this in our lab.

Wayne
N6KR

On Feb 4, 2020, at 12:07 PM, Rob Sherwood <rob@...> wrote:

It takes about 5 minutes to make the measurement. Four minutes to hook up the equipment and 1 minute to measure it on a digital scope.

I have data on 12 rigs at nc0b.com/latency

Download the PDF.  I need to add the TD-890S.

Rob, NC0B

On Feb 4, 2020, at 9:58 AM, Rob Sherwood <Rob@...> wrote:

 That will be interesting with current rigs running from 10ms to 180ms.  Rob, NC0B

On Feb 4, 2020, at 7:07 AM, Irwin Darack <idarack@...> wrote:

I realize that it’s a little early and Elecraft is most likely still fine tuning their firmware/software....has Elecraft published a expected RX/TX Latency Time for the K4?

Irwin KD3TB
--
Irwin KD3TB

View/Reply Online (#32048): https://groups.io/g/Elecraft-K3/message/32048