Re: K3s driving a KPA1500 - how much drive power is nominal for 1500 watts? #kpa1500

Clay Autery

Sounds friggin' awesome!

Clay Autery, KY5G
(318) 518-1389
On 02/02/20 08:53, John Canfield wrote:

Hey guys,

Thursday the Brown Santa (UPS) delivered my birthday present for the next ten years - a KPA1500 amp. I'm slowly learning how to use it and I'm not sure if things are acting right. Going directly into a dummy from the amp, it only takes about 28 watts drive from the K3s for a full 1500 watts output. I can reduce the drive to five watts or lower and drop the amp's output to ~150-200 watts.

Does this sound correct? Thanks for any advice.

John, WB5THT