Re: internal tuners sold out

Everett N4CY

Dale,

If you want a SP3, save yourself some money. I will sell mine, new in opened box for $190. No shipping cost, or sales tax. $190 to your door and I will take PayPal, or a personal check.

Everett N4CY

On Jan 13, 2020, at 4:39 AM, dalej via Groups.Io <dalej2@...> wrote:

It was about shipping costs and if the UPS charge was correct, that’s all.  I have the money  if I feel that that shipping charge is correct and if I want to go ahead and purchase another speaker.

Nobody requested your opinion.  You should learn to mind your own business.

Dale, K9VUJ

On 13, Jan 2020, at 3:26, Clay Autery <KY5G@...> wrote:

Private response....

Yeah.... because telling someone to "take a rest" (aka:relax) has the desired effect.... not.  :-D

I apologize if my posts annoyed you, but dang man.  I get tired of cheapskate "HAMS" bitching and gritching about every little penny....  It's ridiculous.

73,

______________________
Clay Autery, KY5G
(318) 518-1389
On 01/12/20 23:31, dalej via Groups.Io wrote:
Dude, take a rest.

:)
Dale j.

On 12, Jan 2020, at 22:00, Clay Autery <KY5G@...> wrote:

Dude.....  Elecraft is a TINY priovate company making relatively small numbers of CUSTOM products....

You are comparing them to Amazon, a world-dominating wannabe business tyrant with 100s of BILLIONS in revenue...

I order somewhere around 75% of everything we buy through Prime....

BUT, they are different companies.  NO ONE fails to negotiate EXTREMELY favorable shipping rates with Amazon...

73,  <big smile>

______________________
Clay Autery, KY5G
(318) 518-1389
On 01/12/20 16:41, dalej via Groups.Io wrote:
In the case of the Elecraft SP-3 speaker it’s $36.84 to my location, Minnesota.  And yes, it adds to the total cost of purchase not incuding the sales tax.

I like Amazon a lot, I’m a prime member and have free shipping.  I buy a lot of stuff using Amazon.

Dale, K9VUJ

On 12, Jan 2020, at 15:37, KE1F Lou <lmecseri@...> wrote:

Isn't one of the purpose for local stores was to bulk ship merchandise to the local area to save on transportation cost?????

If a product cost $200 and shipping is $34, that add 32% to your cost.

Lou KE1F

On 1/12/2020 4:27 PM, dalej via Groups.Io wrote:
Yeah, if that’s the case shipping has got to be a major factor in purchasing new gear.

I can’t imagine what shipping would cost to ship a big radio or expensive amp now days.

Dale, K9VUJ

On 12, Jan 2020, at 13:58, Frank Krozel <frank@...> wrote:

You'r kidding right?  No packing material between the box and your (soon to be CRUSHED) speaker.

KG9H

On Jan 12, 2020, at 1:55 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

Assuming the SP3 "ships flat" (unassembled), it should fit
a USPS "Large Flat Rate Box" (12 x 12 x 6) for $19.95 any
where in the US (including KL7/KH6/KP4).  It might fit in
the side load "Medium Flat Rate Box" (12 x 3 1/4 x 13 5/8)
for $14.35.

Regional Rate B packaging is even less if the distance is
appropriate (e.g. California to West of Mississippi or
VA/NC to East of Mississippi).

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV

On 2020-01-12 10:50 AM, N6KR wrote:
I'll look into this ASAP, Dale.
Wayne
N6KR
On Jan 12, 2020, at 12:59 AM, dalej via Groups.Io <dalej2@...> wrote:

Hi Wayne,

I wish you good luck with the K4, however already owning a K3 and a K3s I have no plans to purchase the K4.  Too many rigs already, like cameras..  If I didn’t already have two K3’s I would be in the mood…as the song goes.

I was going to purchase another SP-3 as I really like the one I have.  I was all set to hit the buy button until I seen the cost to ship via UPS, $36.84.  For a light weight item and not that big, $36.84 seems outragous.  Is this a correct price for shipping via UPS or is it a typo?  I see the other shipping option is via USPS Priority two day, $38.79.  I just double checked and my eyes weren’t deceiving me.   I can’t imagine how much shipping a KPA1500 would be.

73
Dale, K9VUJ

On 11, Jan 2020, at 21:18, N6KR <n6kr@...> wrote:

Greetings all,

The K4 is the replacement for the K3S + P3. This is a long-planned transition, and we've gradually drawn down stocks of the latter, including all options.

I'm sorry we can't provide options for all of our legacy products indefinitely. But we will of course continue to repair and otherwise support them.

We have three complete transceiver product lines aside from the K3S:  The ultraportable KX2, its larger brother the KX3 (used by many hams as a compact home station), and the K4, our first hybrid-SDR desktop radio (with matching KPA1500 amp). All are very much active and will be for the foreseeable future.

73,
Wayne
N6KR