Re: K3s RX Ant port question

All RX antenna ports have series PIN diodes that open during TX.

Wayne

On Jan 12, 2020, at 11:39 AM, Mike Irizarry <michael.irizarry29@...> wrote:

I have a K3. I do not believe either the receive ant port or sub receive port are disconnected like the main antenna ports. There are some small protection diodes. I use the kd9sv front end protection for both. You can get them at dx engineering.

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 9:58 PM Don Jones <ko7i@...> wrote:
Does the rx ant port disconnect during transmit? Do I need to install a TR switch on the rx ant port to protect the K3? Running 1500w with tx & rx ant's in close proximity to each other. Don't want to smoke my K3S.
I'm not finding a straight answer in the manual. I do have a automatic tuner installed.
Thanks, Don KO7I