toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
1) I can never GET to transmit on 2 meters.
It goes into "HI CUR" within seconds after switching to the 2
2) The receive voltage is 14.3 VDC, and about 1.49-1.51 Amps.
3) The power cord is a custom-made 8AWG, twisted-pair cable
directly lugged to an Astron VS-50M and plugged directly into
the K3s. Cable is less than 2 feet long.
4) It has been working like this for years. SubRX install went
without a hitch.
5) Radio is FULLY calibrated...
I have checked every single TMP cable, plug,
et al on the interior and exterior... Checked cables for
pinching. Checked everything I can think of at least a dozen
Clay Autery, KY5G
On 01/12/20 08:59, Don Wilhelm wrote:
Have you measured the voltage displayed by the K3S during
low voltage is a common cause for Hi Curr.
Reduce the voltage drop in the power cord by running directly from
power supply (no DC distribution boxes) and make certain all
On 1/12/2020 6:11 AM, Clay Autery wrote:
OK... so NONE of that worked... So, I
reinstalled everything and
checked it 3 times...
Here is something....
What should the voltage be on Pin #1 of P95 (XV12DC) be with
I am reading 13.75 VDC