Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] K3s RX Ant port question
From: "Richard Williams via Groups.Io" <k8ztt@...>
Date: Sat, January 11, 2020 10:55 pm
To: "Elecraft-K3@groups.io" <Elecraft-K3@groups.io>

I would obtain  a DX Engineering Receiver Guard RF Limiter (DXE- RG5000HD.  Have used one for years in front of my receive antennas (Beverages,  HiZ 8, and SAL 30), and two of the three are close to my 160M phased verticals.

And no, the RX port does not disconnect during transmit.

Dick, K8ZTT

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 21:06, Don Jones
<ko7i@...> wrote:
[Edited Message Follows]
Does the rx ant port disconnect during transmit? Do I need to install a TR switch on the rx ant port to protect the K3? Running 1500w with tx & rx ant's in close proximity to each other. Don't want to smoke my K3S.
I'm not finding a straight answer in the manual. I do have a automatic tuner installed.
Thanks, Don KO7I

Edit,
I  do have the sub receiver installed.