Re: Elecraft K3/s Support

radio@ebillsharp.com

When I decided analog listening had value and kept my 75A4,

I stockpiled a set of tubes and capacitors.

During the subsequent half century, I’ve changed the power supply caps.

It’s fun to take an umbrella so it won’t rain.

Would a 2nd parts K3 might be just the ticket ?

Inexpensive insurance ?

That was my thinking in December about the car.

It being 20 years old, I went to Bring A Trailer and picked up a second.

Aren’t we blessed to even have these choices.

Best,

Bill
w8hi
’00, ’01 V8/6spd

On Jan 12, 2020, at 1:07 AM, Marsh via Groups.Io <marsh308@...> wrote:

Hi Wayne,

Just so I understand, if the auto tuner in my K3s were to stop working, Elecraft can no longer supply a complete new auto tuner board that I could plug in, but will still do board level repair as long as any special ICs that might be required are still available? Please tell me that is correct.

73,
Marsh, KA5M

On Saturday, January 11, 2020, 09:18:26 PM CST, N6KR <n6kr@...> wrote:

Greetings all,

The K4 is the replacement for the K3S + P3. This is a long-planned transition, and we've gradually drawn down stocks of the latter, including all options.

I'm sorry we can't provide options for all of our legacy products indefinitely. But we will of course continue to repair and otherwise support them.

We have three complete transceiver product lines aside from the K3S:  The ultraportable KX2, its larger brother the KX3 (used by many hams as a compact home station), and the K4, our first hybrid-SDR desktop radio (with matching KPA1500 amp). All are very much active and will be for the foreseeable future.

73,
Wayne
N6KR