Re: Elecraft K3/s Support

Marsh <@KA5M> wrote:

Just so I understand, if the auto tuner in my K3s were to stop working, Elecraft can no longer supply a complete new auto tuner board that I could plug in, but will still do board level repair as long as any special ICs that might be required are still available? Please tell me that is correct.
We will always be able to repair your ATU, Marsh.

In general, we can get parts for all of our products for repair purposes even if they're no longer offered for sale new. The one exception to that in recent years was the highly stable trimmer capacitors used in the 4-band module for the K1. The sole source for those dried up.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

73,
Marsh, KA5M

On Saturday, January 11, 2020, 09:18:26 PM CST, N6KR <n6kr@...> wrote:

Greetings all,

The K4 is the replacement for the K3S + P3. This is a long-planned transition, and we've gradually drawn down stocks of the latter, including all options.

I'm sorry we can't provide options for all of our legacy products indefinitely. But we will of course continue to repair and otherwise support them.

We have three complete transceiver product lines aside from the K3S: The ultraportable KX2, its larger brother the KX3 (used by many hams as a compact home station), and the K4, our first hybrid-SDR desktop radio (with matching KPA1500 amp). All are very much active and will be for the foreseeable future.

73,
Wayne
N6KR