Re: K3 Returns to Data mode

Jerry

Mike,

There is CAT software  and it is using DTR and RTS on a COMM PORT.  Just changed it and that appears to solve the problem. Thank you very much

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike Flowers
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2020 12:17 PM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] K3 Returns to Data mode

Is there any CAT control software involved?   If so, it may be enforcing a Mode change.

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, NCDXC Secretary

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2020 09:05
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: [Elecraft-K3] K3 Returns to Data mode

GM All,

I am using this K3, #1558 updated to today’s standards, to transmit digital messages to and from MARS networks. The modem is a MS_DMT software modem which produces the M110A waveform. The interface between the computer and the K3 is the K103B.

This is my concern. We always use the USB mode in MARS for both voice and digital traffic. When the message starts the transmission, the K3 changes from USB to DATA modes and stays in the DATA mode until I manually change the mode back to USB. It appears the receiving station of my signal can copy and decode my transmission while I am in the DATA mode , but I cannot decode their transmission unless I quickly can put the radio back into the USB Mode.  I am fairly convinced that I have some wrong setting(s), but I am not sure where to find them.

Would anybody be able to assist me in resolving this problem?

Best regards,

Jerry, W1IE

Join Elecraft-K3@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.