Re: K3s Remote

Jeff Wheeler W7JW

Tnx for the info Clay.  These days it seems a competent ham needs to be a competent software/hardware guy too.

Vy 73 Jeff W7JW

Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2019 10:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] K3s Remote

UltraVNC is a FREE and super alternative to TeamViewer...  TV has locked me out because ONE of my friends who uses it was busting the licensing for the FREE version....  I logged into THAT machine ONCE with MY TeamViewer and they started jacking with me...  nags, messages, bumping me off.  NOW, I can't use it for ANYTHING even from one of my machines to another.

A slightly less plug-n-play experience, but doable for competent HAMS.

Clay Autery, KY5G
(318) 518-1389
On 26-Dec-19 19:54, Jeff Wheeler W7JW wrote:
Jim, TeamViewer allows me to do everything I need to do, except turn the K3s on and off. Actually turning it on apparently only needs a ground to pin 8 of the ACC connector and that’s easy enough to do.  It’s properly turning it off that requires a bit more work.

The Remote control application for the KPA1500 works quite well (via USB ports for me) and if Elecraft offered a version of it to power on and off the K3s with maybe an antenna tune button like the KPA1500 app does,  I’d be all set.

The shack computer can be put on a UPS system, so power bumps and such won’t be a problem.  As long as I can remotely log into my PC, all I need to do is properly turn the K3s on and off remotely for my intended purposes.

What’s the solution short of buying WIN4K3Suite or HRD software?

Jeff W7JW