Re: Intermittent xmit pulse output, SOLVED (Kind of)

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

If you use a RS-232 to USB converter and it has Prolific chip set, that is most likely the problem.  Many have counterfeit devices and Windows drivers do not work reliably.

The RS-232 to USB converter with the FDTI chipset is 100% reliable and the Windows drivers are correct.    The others are less expensive and are basically junk.   Has nothing to do with Windows 10.

The best and most reliable and highly supported device here in the USA is the USB-RTS03 from R T Systems.

On 11/18/2019 9:29 PM, John H. Long Jr. wrote:
Tried all the USB suggestions without any suggestions..

Soooo.....
  Someone mentioned they used native RS-232 (Like in the good old days).

My computer is old enough that it has a hardware RS-232 port on the bac.

Connected a through RS-232 com cable from the RS-232 port to the K3 and everything seems to be working fine now.
Something to do with Windows 10 and USB or the USB/Com converter cable.

THANKS everyone for their input and assistance.

John H. Long Jr.
KW7A
1370 N 150 E
Nephi, UT 84648
USA

(435) 888-LONG

From: 'Ed Pflueger' <ab4iq@...>
Date: 11/18/19 1:49 pm
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io

Need to turn the USB sleep or power mode to OFF in Windows.

Ed.. AB4IQ