Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Intermitent xmit pulse output
From: 'John H. Long Jr.' <john@...>
Date: 11/18/19 8:08 am
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Cc: 'John Long' <john@...>

Good suggestion.

A bit of trouble shooting using WSJT-X v2.1.0
K3 set to Data mode.

CONFIG:PTT-KEY

   OFF-OFF    No pulse output, No PTT control

   RST-OFF    Random pulse output, PTT control
   DTR-OFF   Constant pulse chatter, No PTT

   OFF-RST   No Pulse, No PTT
   OFF-DTR   No pulse, No PTT

Additional observations:
   When WSJT-X's setup window is open, and I do a "Test CAT" which turns Green, things seem OK.
         On the K3 the yellow Delta f light is off (Just below the Power switch on the K3).
   Once I exit the WSJT-X setup window the yellow light (Delta F) turns on and the problem returns.
          It seems that the timing of the random xmit pulse is in sync with when I receive a signal higher that S-9

If I press A>B to align the two frequencies, everything seems to work ?????
If I change the "Split Mode" in WSJT-X to "Fake it" everything seems to work.

Now to do testing with HRD & N1MM.

John H. Long Jr.
KW7A
1370 N 150 E