Re: Power supply adjustments

Rob Sherwood

Hi Wayne,

It is an older K3, but with a much newer rev power amp replaced a few years ago.

The PA power pins have been replaced after they overheated.

It is one sample, but the reason for the test was to confirm past measurements that IMD gets better as the voltage goes up, even past 14.2 volts.

I am not implying that all K3 or K3S test this way, only this one sample that I tested.

Many rigs of multiple brands do not meet -30 dBc at 100 watts (or maximum output).  In 2010 a K3 tested at -27 dBc.  A K3S I had access to was a 10 watt rig and I didn’t measure it.  Dennis, K7FL, asked a question, and I answered it.  Yes, voltage materially matters, particularly at lower voltages.

Rob

NC0B