Let us know the results!

73,

AG6CX

On Nov 7, 2019, at 10:22 AM, Michael Mickelson <mickelson@...> wrote:

Bob, thanks for that information.  I have two of the 30Amp Astron supplies and will make an adjustment to a higher setting.  The discussion on the effects of supply voltage on the K3/K3S tranSmitter performance has been very inStructive.

Thanks to all who contributed.  Mike  KD8DZ

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 5:18 PM Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...> wrote:
Why not get Alexa to adjust the voltage for you?   "Alexa, turn the
supply on and set the voltage for 14.5."

The supplies are usually in the category of the "set and forget" type.
Thus the caution of "no user serviceable parts inside".

I adjusted one of mine this afternoon.  I put it on the desk, removed
the 4 screws holding then cover, plugged in the cord and turned the
supply on.   I picked up my light in one hand and my plastic adjustment
tool in the other {you do have and use a plastic adjustment tool don't
you?} and made the adjustment. Nowhere at any time did my hands or
fingers come close to any voltage.    I did put my Fluke DMV on the
output terminals first to monitor the voltage.  At 14.49 indicated,  I
stopped.   Turned the supply off, put the cover on and secured it with
the 4 screws.

--
Michael Mickelson
J. Reid Anderson Professor of Physics and Astronomy, emeritus