From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io [mailto:Elecraft-K3@groups.io] On Behalf Of GRANT YOUNGMAN
Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 2:17 PM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Dirty Transmitters

I ran these switchers (SS30) in my station when I had a substantial distance between my antennas and the shack. They were great. As others have said — small, light, good supplies.

But when I relocated to a less ham friendly environment, and every antenna I can put up is within maybe 30’ of where my station is — noisy. Not awful. But noisy. Toroids on AC/DC lines cleaned most of it up, but not all of it. I eventually “regressed” to a nice quiet linear supply. I got tired of trying to figure out whether the junk was coming from somewhere else or the supplies. Weight became a minor issue.

Everything comes with caveats … it all depends.

Grant NQ5T

On Nov 6, 2019, at 2:44 PM, Ed Pflueger <ab4iq@...> wrote:

I also have two of those supplies, as well as, two of the 50 amp versions with no issues.

Ed.. AB4IQ