Re: Dirty Transmitters

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

My Astron 30 amp linear supply on the bench will adjust to about 16 volts and maintain good regulation, no load to 20 amps.  On the other hand, I no longer use a linear supply with my station as I find my Astron SS-30M to be superior.

On 11/6/2019 9:40 AM, HB via Groups.Io wrote:
What is the upper limit of say an Astron Linear 35 or 50 amp supply?

On Nov 6, 2019, at 10:21 AM, Rob Sherwood <rob@...> wrote:

 I think Wayne said as high as 15.5 volts, which approaches the upper end of spec. In spec is within spec, which would be 15.87 volts.  The low side spec would be below 12 volts, which would not be ideal. Rob, NC0B

On Nov 6, 2019, at 5:28 AM, Steve <99sunset@...> wrote:

I remember a comment from Elecraft saying that the K3 will transmit a cleaner signal with voltage around 13.8 to 14 volts.   I don't remember the exact comment.