Re: RS-232 to USB A cable KD8DZ

QUENTIN COLLIER

Was that the school HF band Charlie?

73, Quin G3WRR

On Monday, 4 November 2019, 17:14:41 GMT, Charlie T, k3ICH <pincon@...> wrote:

I once played a frugal horn in the school band…….

From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mel Marcus
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2019 11:10 AM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] RS-232 to USB A cable KD8DZ

but are you saying they dont value their time?

From: "Steve" <99sunset@...>
Date: Sun, November 03, 2019 5:22 pm
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io

The inexpensive Chinese 6 dollar cables use the Prolific drivers which are available for download.  The better cables use FTDI.  The difficulty using the Prolific cables and drivers is that each time Microsoft updates drivers, it will replace your Prolific drivers with FTDI and your cable will fail to operate.  Save yourself the difficulty buy just using the better cable to begin with.  These are available from Elecraft or RT Systems.