Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] RS-232 to USB A cable KD8DZ
From: "Steve" <99sunset@...>
Date: Sun, November 03, 2019 5:22 pm
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io

The inexpensive Chinese 6 dollar cables use the Prolific drivers which are available for download.  The better cables use FTDI.  The difficulty using the Prolific cables and drivers is that each time Microsoft updates drivers, it will replace your Prolific drivers with FTDI and your cable will fail to operate.  Save yourself the difficulty buy just using the better cable to begin with.  These are available from Elecraft or RT Systems.