From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Small AD6YT
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 10:04 PM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] RS-232 to USB A cable KD8DZ

"Prolific"=pain, in my experience

TrippLite high speed using ftdi chipset will be least pain on a mac, fwiw.
Trying to recall the other name for it pre/post buyout.

Scott
ad6yt

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 7:00 PM Carl Moreschi <n4py3@...> wrote:

No the preferred chipset is FTDI.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 10/31/2019 1:46 PM, Michael Mickelson wrote:
Is the preferred chip set the Prolific PL2303 HXB for this cable?

de mike kd8dz

--
Michael Mickelson
J. Reid Anderson Professor of Physics and Astronomy, emeritus

--
Scott Small