Re: K3S to be discontinued

Bob Benedict, KD8CGH

This year I turned 70, which matches the serial number of my K3. Although I'll keep the K3, I did trade my old K2 and KX1 for a KX3.

I'm done buying high end rigs and now having fun building rigs like Ultimate3S, QCX and uBITX.

I'm facing the same same situation with my astronomy gear. This year the computerized telescope mount in my observatory and my portable mount were both discontinued by their manufacturers in favor of new models. The bare bones version of the observatory mount costs more than a  K4.

       Bob   KD8CGH