Re: K3S to be discontinued

Bill Mader <billamader@...>

" However keep in mind also the short life span of the K2 as being the flagship radio. "

I would not call nearly ten years a short lifespan!  I just bought a K2 kit this year, 20 years after it was introduced.  And, Elecraft still supports it, unlike other brands with radios that old.  IMHO, I would not expect them to make firmware updates this late in its life cycle.  I bought the kit for the experience of building it.

After viewing the latest K4 updates at Pacificon, I am anxiously awaiting my K4 delivery!  I was among the first in line at the Elecraft booth at HamVention to buy one Friday morning.

Try to find another amateur radio manufacturer that updates firmware ten years later!  BTW, Flex was founded by and is mostly staffed with hams.  A good friend and fellow ham was their director of sales before passing on.

73, Bill Mader, K8TE
W6H NM Coordinator, Route 66 On-the-Air 4-13 Sep 2020
ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
Duke City Hamfest BoD www.dukecityhamfest.org 18-20 Sep 2020
Secretary and Past President, Albuquerque DX Association

--
73, Bill Mader, K8TE
K-Line, KX3, KX1, K2