Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] Re-listing K3S For sale
From: "Everett N4CY via Groups.Io" <everettsharp@...>
Date: Tue, July 02, 2019 4:19 pm
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io

Dale,

My reason for selling is not because of the K4, it is because I have 3 K3S. Wife said it is time to down size. The K4 which has a lot of nice eye candy will take many upgrades and lots of $$$$$ to perform as well as a K3S.

Also as I learned a long time ago there are some things you don’t want to be the first on the block to buy.  Nothing is perfect the first timeout and there can be many bugs that will need to be worked out as they are discovered. They could be software, which is easy to correct, or hardware, which might be more difficult to correct.

Case in point, look at all of the changes and mods that were done over the years to the early K3s. There were a lot of hardware changes that required parts/components to be removed and, or added, or replaced. Most of the mods required soldering, all of the components are SMD, so how many hams are capable of, or have the equipment to replace the SMD components? So the K4 might have to make a few trips back to Elecraft. Shipping charges are very expensive these days.

So for me I will stick with the K3S which has all of the bugs worked out, I just don’t need 3 of them.

Everett N4CY

On Jul 2, 2019, at 3:14 PM, dalej via Groups.Io <dalej2@...> wrote:

I probably would have printed void on back an front then sent it back to him..

I have one K3 and one K3s.  Of course, everybody is gleaning for a K4 so the K3’s are now showing up for sale….pleanty to choose from.  It’s a buyers market.  For me I won’t be selling any K3’s and taking a big hit, too good of a radio.

73
Dale, K9VUJ

On 02, Jul 2019, at 14:15, Everett N4CY via Groups.Io <everettsharp@...> wrote:

I just received a check for the K3S, however, the original buyer decided to go another direction so I am re-listing the below K3S and his check is now in the shredder.

For Sale is an Elecraft K3S/100-F Factory Built SN-10484. It comes with the standard 2.7kHz Filter, original instruction manual, USB, RJ-45 to RS232 and power cables.

Options Below, which are included:
KAT3A-F ATU
KBPF3A  GEN. COV MODULE
KFL3-6K 6 kHz 8 POLE FILTER
KFL3-2.1K  8 POLE FILTER
MH4 Hand Mic
Fred Candy K3S Book

This K3S is in excellent condition and there is not a scratch on it any where. I bought it new 12/1/15 and it has been only casually used, primarily on digital. The K3S has been updated to the current firmware. I have gone through and checked the receiver sensitivity, using the Elecraft XG3 RF Signal Source and I have also checked the power output on all bands and all looks to be normal and within specifications. I did check with Elecraft technical support to see if there were any current mods, or updates and was told there were none.

Asking price is $2750, which includes shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 states. I do have the original shipping box, which will be used to ship the K3S.

If you were to order this new from Elecraft today, with their special price it would cost:

K3S/100F with ATU  $3185, Special price, which includes Mic and Fred Candy book, you just won’t get a hat with mine.
KBPF3A  GEN. COV MODULE      $199.95
KFL3-6K 6 kHz 8 POLE FILTER     $149.95
KFL3-2.1K  8 POLE FILTER           $149.95
                                                        $3,684.55

If interested in buying the K3S please contact me off list at everettsharp@....  Also if there are questions and a potential buyer would like to discuss on phone please first contact me by email and I will pass along my phone number.

Everett N4CY