Re: K4 and Reliability on previous products?

John Canfield <bucket@...>

I assembled my K3S, the instructions were excellent and I thought the build quality of the boards was excellent. I've had exactly one failure - the clamping zener diode across the power input shorted and tripped the fuse (I think it's automatically resettable but I forgot). Support told me power supply spikes can cause this failure (I think it was a 15V zener?) but fortunately when I bought the K3S I also bought the Powerwerx power supply from them so they covered the repair under warranty and sent me a new power supply.

John
WB5THT