Re: K4

southdaleus

I wonder what you mean when you say the K3 has a lot of life in it?

I don’t look at a radio as having a life, but I also look at a radio for it’s usefulness.

If you are just looking for new things, well that’s another matter.  If you need a radio that does it all and is the best then look no further…That K3 is tops.

Dale, K9VUJ

On 05, May 2019, at 16:54, harry latterman via Groups.Io <harrylatterman@...> wrote:

K4 has been a almost standing joke here for quite sometime.  The K3S still has a lot of life in it, just as my K3 does.  That said Wayne, Eric and all don't let weeds grow between their toes.  I am sure that in the backroom someplace another secret project is slowly being developed that will kick up the technology to something awesome and like the K2 and K3 unique.  In the meantime we can enjoy what we have.

Not sure you know about this Ed, but you can get a SVGA option for you P3 and plug a huge monitor into it.  I had mind running for probably 7 yrs.. Check it out if you are not aware of it.  Easy to put in and works great.

Not having 220 in the back radio room and living on limited income now means not KPA1500 for me, but I do LOVE my KPA500 and KAT500 combo.

Harry K7ZOV

On Sunday, May 5, 2019, 1:49:37 PM MST, Ed Pflueger <ab4iq@...> wrote:

Well I like what I have with the K3S with the excellent receivers and the idea that I can add options when I want.  It would be nice with the P3 to have mouse capabilities and maybe the K3’s menu options appear on the P3 sort of like the Orion II’s and Omni VII’s.  A friend of mine does all of his operating via remote just several miles out of town and would like to have an easier way to connect to the rig somewhat as easy as the Flex’s without using remote rig and a pile of cables etc.  As far as an 8 inch screen what about just having a Display or HDMI port available either coming off the P3 or the K4.  Probably the K4 would be best for that option because not everyone wants a P3.

Anyway if a K4 is offered at Dayton I’ll probably buy one just like I did my KPA1500.  I just had to get my two cents worth in on the topic and would like the rig to stay approximately the same size that I have been accustomed to operating.

Ed… AB4IQ