K3S Loose Microphone Connector

Michael Foerster

I noticed that the Mic connector on my K3S is loose.

I removed the left side panel which gives access to the front panel board, where the connector is mounted to the circuit board.
  I noticed that there is no retaining nut or anything to mount the mic connector to the metal front panel.
    The connector pins are soldered to the front panel circuit board, and there is a wire that wraps around the base of the connector, I'm assuming to ground it, but there is no positive mechanical connection.

I would assume that the outer shell needs to be grounded.
   Using an ohm meter with a continuity tester (beeper), I'm unable to detect any loss of ground to this outer ring as I wiggle it.
Does anyone know if this is a problem?

Mike, W0IH