Re: K3S Comparison table finalized (link attached)

harry latterman <harrylatterman@...>

Check out the photo ad in the latest QST.  That is the closes you will get to any specs at this time on the 101D.  They did a redesign of the DDS it seems to be able to compete with Elecraft, Flex, Icom and the latest Kenwood.  In my case, I upgraded two K3's with the KSYN3A.  Also not sure how really bad the FTdx3000 is, but I have no problem with my FTdx5000MPL and being on 160, 80 or 40 meters at night when another ham who lives about 1.4 mile away is on. Neither of us interfers with the other. He has a IC-7300 on most of the time

In any case this is a K3 site and probably need to kill this thread.  For whatever it is worth I still have a K3/100, Full K-Line and KX2 and all keepers... I have been a Elecraft fan boy for well over 10 yrs. However I also have a IC-7300 and a 1 yr old FTdx5000MPL.I got in a trade Radio was bought by the original owner in Dec 2017 and only taken out of the box to take a photo.  He said it was too big for him.. My two blast fromthe past are my HW-16/HG10 and a radio most have never heard about, a ALDA 103.

Harry K7ZOV

On Monday, January 28, 2019, 11:50:54 AM MST, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

No, I haven't seen either specs or - more importantly - test data from
an independent laboratory like ARRL or NC0B.  As far as I know, the
FTdx101D has not received FCC approval and is not available in the USA.

I do know, based on data from ARRL and NC0B, that Yaesu need to do a
complete redesign of their synthesizers as the FTdx3000 and FTdx5000
have among the worst phase noise performance of any transceiver
currently on the market.  Like many manufacturers, Yaesu are known to
recycle circuitry from model to model until conditions force them to
change.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV