From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io [mailto:Elecraft-K3@groups.io] On Behalf Of N6KR
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2019 6:17 AM
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] K3S Comparison table finalized (link attached)

My two cents:

Rob wrote:

I would count the order differently if numbering is of interest. The radio at #1 cannot be reproduced with current software.
Clarified recently in footnote "y" of the RX performance table.

That makes the K3S #1 and the 7610 #9 if you want to count for some reason. The difference in 2 kHz dynamic range is 106 dB compared to 98 dB.
The table is sorted on 2 kHz IMDDR3. However, the table also shows dramatic differences in blocking dynamic range. For example, the K3S is 20 to 30 dB stronger in this regard than all of the direct-sampling radios in the table. This is due to the K3S having narrow-band filtering (crystal filters) ahead of the ADC. This can greatly reduce desense and other artifacts in any high-signal situation (Field Day, KW neighbor, multi-TX station, etc.).

Wayne
N6KR

--
If this email is spam, please report it to
https://support.onlymyemail.com/view/report_spam/ODExMjI6MjE0OTA3MTI0NDpyb2JAbmMwYi5jb206ZGVsaXZlcmVk