Re: K3s & RTTY

ve3ki

Wrong.

The WInkeyer's output is Morse code, and it is connected to the rig's CW key input. FSK RTTY requires keying using the Baudot code applied to the rig's FSK input on the ACC connector. Until such time as the Winkeyer is redesigned to produce Baudot FSK keying as well as (or instead of) CW keying, together with some way to connect the FSK keying output of the Winkeyer to the radio's FSK keying input, it cannot be used to do FSK RTTY. As it stands, neither COM3 (Winkeyer) nor COM9 (rig control) can be used for FSK keying - they are both dedicated to other incompatible uses.

If you have a third serial port with a keying circuit on it that is connected to the FSK keying input, use that. If you don't, use AFSK instead - no serial port is required for that.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 12:23 PM, rich wrote:
Assuming you are using FSK keying,  MMTTY should be set to Com3 since
WinKey is the device that is keying your rig.   Try that first.

Rich

On 1/16/2019 11:24 AM, KE1F Lou wrote:
I am running a K3s and trying to set up MMTTY using WIN 10 OS without
success. (I had it working once)

My device manager shows that Com 3, Com 9 and Com198 available.
Regardless which com port I use on MMTTY, I get an error message
"Can't open port X.

Port 3 is used by WinKey and Port 9 is used by K3s for CAT.

Is this a K3s (Config), RTTY or Windows issue?????

73 Lou KE1F

Computers will destroy us. :)