From: Elecraft-K3@groups.io <Elecraft-K3@groups.io> On Behalf Of Keith KV5J via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 14:07
To: Elecraft-K3@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Elecraft-K3] K3S Tune Power

Just the way it is for most of us. 6M produces a little less power. I see no reason why this can't be fixed in firmware but I didn't write the firmware. I brought this up while testing the last firmware update.

Keith, KV5J

On Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 11:34:24 AM CST, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <mailto:rmcgraw@blomand.net> wrote:

I've read the manual and I've read the Fred Caddy book on the topic. I
have my K3S TUNE power set to 020 or 20 watts. Also have PWR SET set
to Per Band and it is not locked. This is correct to drive my
KPA500. What I observe in TUNE mode on all bands except 6M is that
tune power is 20 watts. And on 6M it is 16 watts as displayed on the
VFO B line. External power measurement is 20 watts +/- 1 watt on all
bands 160M - 10M and on 6M it is 16 watts. The internal ATU is in
BYPASS for all bands and measurements. I can change the PWR setting to
20 watts on 6M in TUNE mode and the measured power is 19 watts. But
on the next TUNE cycle the power reverts to 16 watts. I just find
it a bit interesting that all bands the displayed and tune power is 20
watts and on 6M it is 16 watts. Firmware is 5.66 and 2.88

Is this just the way it is or am I missing something?