Re: Slight Frequency Shift When Keying

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

Measure the voltage at the 12V accessory connector on the rear of the radio.

Another point to consider, I've found it necessary to always connect a dedicated ground conductor between the ground terminal on the back of the radio to the ground terminal on the power supply.   In fact each piece of my station equipment is bonded to the station power supply ground terminal by a dedicated ground conductor.  For these I use #10 AWG auto primary wire with a suitable ring connector which is both crimped and soldered.   This assures every piece of equipment is always at the same potential.    This has nothing to do with "lightning protection" as that protection system occurs outside of the house and should NEVER inside the house.

On 11/26/2018 9:23 AM, john ni0k wrote:
Don,

Hmmmm. Interesting. Two thoughts: check the voltage inside the radio; send an email to support@...

-J

wb6bee wrote on 11/26/2018 9:16 AM:
According to the Fluke, 14.1 volts from the Power supply on RX and 14.06 Volts on TX.

Don
WB6BEE