Slight Frequency Shift When Keying

wb6bee

I have a K3s.   I only use CW.   I only use a Bug.   Speed about 26-28 wpm.    I have the K3s set on "non-QSK", but the interval is short.

I got the following Report

"When it happens it is always after you send a string of characters and pause for a few seconds. When you start xmitting again your freq will shift ever so slightly, like maybe 5 Hz or so. It will hold that freq until another long pause the back to the original freq. Back and forth  just every once in awhile then sometimes not at all. "

The change when I pause may be due to the non-QSK timing out.

Anyone have any similar experiences and/or comments

Don
WB6BEE